I am committed to maintaining your privacy
Who I am
Deverell Innovation Ventures is wholly owned and managed by Sir Chris Deverell (hereafter referred to as ‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’).
Why we collect your information
With your permission, we process your personal information to provide you with our products and services. If you enter into a business discussion with us we may then use your data to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations.
We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this policy.
The personal data that we may collect from you is:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email addresses
- Your telephone numbers
- Any other information that you provide to us
How your information is collected
Your information will be collected when you provide it to us, including:
- When you fill in forms on our website
- When you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise
Unless you chose not to accept cookies (see below for an explanation) information may be collected from your visit to our website, including:
- Your IP Address (an IP address identifies devices on the Internet)
- The type of browser, operating system and device you used to access the website
- The date and time you visited the website
- The pages visited on the website
- If you visited our website from another website, the address of that other website
Some of this information may be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. This information helps the web server track such things as your preferences and any data you submit while browsing our website. You can remove these cookies by clearing your browser history.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We take your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this policy.
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with services you have requested or enquired about. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests
- To keep you informed about relevant developments and news
- To administer the website and for internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
More specifically we will use your personal information as follows:
- When you send us an enquiry or email the personal details collected from you are stored electronically and can be accessed by us. We will use the information in order to respond to your request or otherwise reply to the subject of the enquiry or email. Remember that email is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive, you might want to send it by postal mail instead.
- We may use your contact information to let you know about services or news that we believe may be of interest to you. Please see the ‘Your Rights’ section below for details about how to unsubscribe from these communications.
You have the right to access any personal information that we process about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
You have the right to:
- Ask us to correct/complete any incomplete or inaccurate information you believe we may hold, which we will strive to do as quickly as possible unless we believe there is a valid reason for not doing, in which case you will be notified
- Request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws
- Object to any direct marketing from us, in which case we will remove you from our marketing lists
- Data portability of your information (where applicable)
Our designated Data Protection Officer can be contacted at Deverell Innovation Ventures Limited, 4 Rivers Street, Bath, BA1 2PZ or via email on email@example.com.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request. This is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this policy or where there is a legal requirement. We will not disclose your personal information to any third-parties.
We take your privacy seriously and take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place.
Transfers Outside the EU
We utilise standard office and CRM products and services (or parts of them) that may be hosted/stored in non-EU countries, which means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you through the website outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). The products used include Microsoft Office, Cloze, Evernote and Zoom.
The personal information you submit may be stored on servers which are hosted in non-EU countries. Where this is the case, we have ensured that those providers use the necessary level of protection for your information and abide by strict agreements and measures set out by the ICO to protect your data and comply with the relevant data protection laws.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to us but this may limit our ability to advise or provide our services.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. Where we have entered into a contractual obligation, we are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years, after which time it will be destroyed.
Lodging A Complaint
Data Protection Officer
Deverell Innovation Ventures Limited
4 Rivers Street,
Bath, BA1 2PZ
Office: 01225 612340
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, at:
First Contact Team
Information Commissioner’s Office